DSA Admission Criteria
Direct School Admission (DSA) – Student Leadership development through Uniformed Groups (UG) Criteria
In this DSA exercise, we are looking for promising Primary 6 pupils who exhibit the following: -
i. Exemplary Conduct and Behaviour
- Attain an Overall
Conduct Grade of “Excellent” in the previous year’s Final Grade and
the current year in Semester One.
- Candidates with
“Very Good” and demonstrated exemplary conduct and behavior will also be
- Candidates who have
demonstrated great resilience and grit will also be considered.
ii. Strong Leadership Qualities
- Demonstrate consistency
and commitment to development by attaining at least 90 % attendance for the
CCA in the previous year and the current year in Semester One.
- Demonstrate strong
potential for further leadership development by assuming key leadership
positions in their CCA for at least a year.
excellence through strong individual attainment in progress schemes/awards in
the various Uniformed Groups :
- Scouts: Akela
- Boys Brigade: Chief
Leading Boy AND Gold Award
- Brownies: Chief
- Red Cross: Directors
iii. Demonstrate good physical fitness attaining at least a SILVER Award in the latest NAPFA test
(Supporting certified true copies of documentary evidences for items i to iii must be submitted if students are shortlisted).
Shortlisted applicants will be further assessed through an interview where they will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their skills and competencies.
Successful applicants will join a uniformed group of choice in Hai Sing Catholic School. They will also be expected to remain in that uniformed group throughout their years in the school.
While progressing to a secondary school
uniformed group with directly related skills is strongly encouraged, switching
to a new uniformed group is still acceptable. This means although the school
would strongly encourage a Red Cross student to progress to St John Brigade,
the applicant may also opt to join National Cadet Corp instead.
A. Direct School Admission (DSA) To Hai Sing Catholic School Application Process
Things to do
Things to note
1. Applicants are required to download DSA application Form from the school website.
2. Application form must be submitted personally to the school general office or by registered mail.
3. All application forms must reach the school by 06 July 2018.
4. Application form must be submitted with the following documents.
1. Application starts from 07 May – 06 July 2018.
2. Registered mail must be
Attn: Mr Raj Perumal
DSA – Uniformed Group Coordinator
Hai Sing Catholic School
9 Pasir Ris Drive 6,
3. Or by hand to the School’s General Office (Monday – Friday, 0800 – 1700hrs)
4. All application forms must reach the school by 06 July 2018.
5. For enquires please call :
6. Students currently NOT studying in MOE schools are required to obtain a Registration Number from MOE Customer Service Centre before submitting a DSA Application. This Number is required in the DSA application form.
1. Only short listed applicants will be notified by email by 13 July 2018.
2. Shorted listed applicants will be required to attend an interview.
3. Date and time of the selection interview will be informed.
4. Students are required to be on time for the interview and wear their school uniform.
1. Selection process will be carried out from 23 July – 31 August 2018. Parents are allowed to accompany the child to school but not during the interview.
2. Parents are advise not to change the assigned interview schedule unless for valid reasons. Please call Mr Raj or Mdm Lee at 65827864 for rescheduling.
Things to do
Things to note
1. All DSA applicants will be notified by 31 August 2018 on the outcome of their application.
1. All DSA applicants will each receive a School Preference Form on 29 October 2018 from their respective primary school.
2. The School Preference Form is to be returned to their respective primary school.
1. DSA applicants who have received more than one confirmed offer (CO) may indicate their school of choice (up to maximum three choices).
2. The respective primary school will follow up the DSA process.
3. Once a confirmed offer (CO) is accepted by the applicant,
· He/she will NOT be allowed to participate in the Secondary One Posting Exercise to opt for secondary schools; and
· He/she will also NOT be allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results.
Please note the following points:
foreign nationality (excluding Singaporean permanent residents) applicants must have cleared AEIS and
have obtained a registration number from MOE Customer Service Counter.
and Singapore permanent residents must not be more than 4 years older than the
current age of the cohort.
foreign nationality (excluding Singaporean permanent residents) applicants must not be more than 4
years older than the current age of the cohort.
B. Additional Instructions
The closing date for submission is on 06 July 2018 at 1700hrs. Applications received after this date and time will not be accepted.
An email acknowledgment will be sent when we have received your application.
All shortlisted applicants are required to attend an interview, which will be arranged between July and August 2018.