SLD DSA Criteria
DSA Admission Criteria
Direct School Admission (DSA) – Student Leadership development through Uniformed Groups (UG) Criteria
In this DSA exercise, we are looking for promising Primary 6 pupils who exhibit the following:
i. Exemplary Conduct and Behaviour
- Attain an Overall Conduct Grade of “Excellent” in the previous year’s Final Grade and the current year in Semester One.
- Candidates with “Very Good” and demonstrated exemplary conduct and behavior will also be considered.
- Candidates who have demonstrated great resilience and grit will also be considered.
ii. Strong Leadership Qualities
- Demonstrate consistency and commitment to development by attaining at least 90 % attendance for the CCA in the previous year and the current year in Semester One.
- Demonstrate strong potential for further leadership development by assuming key leadership positions in their CCA for at least a year.
- Demonstrate excellence through strong individual attainment in progress schemes/awards in the various Uniformed Groups :
- Scouts: Akela Award
- Boys Brigade: Chief Leading Boy AND Gold Award
- Brownies: Chief Commissioner Award
- Red Cross: Directors Award
Shortlisted applicants will be further assessed through an interview where they will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their skills and competencies.
Successful applicants will join a uniformed group of choice in Hai Sing Catholic School. They will also be expected to remain in that uniformed group throughout their years in the school.
While progressing to a secondary school uniformed group with directly related skills is strongly encouraged, switching to a new uniformed group is still acceptable. This means although the school would strongly encourage a Red Cross student to progress to St John Brigade, the applicant may also opt to join National Cadet Corp instead.