DSA Admission Criteria
Direct School Admission (DSA) – Student Leadership development through Uniformed Groups (UG) Criteria
In this DSA exercise, we are looking for promising Primary 6 pupils who exhibit the following: -
i. Exemplary Conduct and Behaviour
- Attain an Overall
Conduct Grade of “Excellent” in the previous year’s Final Grade and
the current year in Semester One.
- Candidates with
“Very Good” and demonstrated exemplary conduct and behavior will also be
- Candidates who have
demonstrated great resilience and grit will also be considered.
ii. Strong Leadership Qualities
- Demonstrate consistency
and commitment to development by attaining at least 90 % attendance for the
CCA in the previous year and the current year in Semester One.
- Demonstrate strong
potential for further leadership development by assuming key leadership
positions in their CCA for at least a year.
excellence through strong individual attainment in progress schemes/awards in
the various Uniformed Groups :
- Scouts: Akela
- Boys Brigade: Chief
Leading Boy AND Gold Award
- Brownies: Chief
- Red Cross: Directors
iii. Demonstrate good physical fitness attaining at least a SILVER Award in the latest NAPFA test
(Supporting certified true copies of documentary evidences for items i to iii must be submitted if students are shortlisted).
Shortlisted applicants will be further assessed through an interview where they will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their skills and competencies.
Successful applicants will join a uniformed group of choice in Hai Sing Catholic School. They will also be expected to remain in that uniformed group throughout their years in the school.
While progressing to a secondary school uniformed group with directly related skills is strongly encouraged, switching to a new uniformed group is still acceptable. This means although the school would strongly encourage a Red Cross student to progress to St John Brigade, the applicant may also opt to join National Cadet Corp instead.
Centralised Direct School Admission (DSA) To Hai Sing Catholic
School Application Process
- From 2019, application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 8 May to 4 Jun 2019.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by email on 08 July 2019 to attend an interview.
- Selection process will be carried out from 15 July to 30 August 2019.
- All DSA applicants will be notified by 30 August 2019 on the outcome of their application.
- Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
For enquires please call :
Mr. Raj PerumalMs. Lee Mui Sian at 65827864.
Please note the following points:
foreign nationality (excluding Singaporean permanent residents) applicants must have cleared AEIS and
have obtained a registration number from MOE Customer Service Counter.
and Singapore permanent residents must not be more than 4 years older than the
current age of the cohort.
- All foreign nationality (excluding Singaporean permanent residents) applicants must not be more than 4 years older than the current age of the cohort.