Sec 1 Registration Package & SBB Briefing
Secondary One Subject based banding Questions and Answers (Q&A)
For a student to be lateral transferred from Normal Academic to Express stream, the student need to achieve an overall percentage of 70% or more.
2. What is the eligibility criteria for SBB?
N(A) and N(T) students are eligible to take some subjects (English Language, Mathematics, Science and Mother Tongue Languages) at more demanding level starting from Secondary 1 if they have performed well in these subjects at the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE):
· N(A) and N(T) students who scored A* or A in a PSLE Standard subject can take the subject at the Express Level; and
· N(T) students who scored at least C in a PSLE Standard subject or 1 in a PSLE Foundation subject can take it at N(A) Level.
· There is a cap to maximum 3 SBB subjects to be offered to a student.
3. If I opt for a yes in the SBB example English, in the book list I will buy NA books?
If you child is in the NT stream and is offered SBB NA English in year 2021, you will need to purchase the NA English books instead of the NT English books.